R280 Xtrem engine
A worthy successor to the Tornado, the new-generation R280 Xtrem thermal group offers remarkable performance with a maximum speed of 9200 rpm. Intended for slalom competitors, tandem pilots and wheel launch, this extreme engine is a technological gem, offering a power/weight ratio unrivaled to date. Equipped with electric starter, this engine comes in weighing only 30.4 lbs (13.8 kg).
Static thrust levels: 220-242 lbs (100-110 kg) depending on propeller size.
FEATURES OF THE R280 XTREM WITH ELECTRIC START & CLUTCH
- Total weight of the engine alone of 30.4 lbs (13.8 kg) (steel exhaust, air box, engine mounts and propeller screws included)
- 2-stroke single cylinder with air cooling (392°F max with 68°F ambient temperature)
- Continuous maximum power operation guaranteed without critical overheating.
- Displacement 268 cc – bore and stroke 73 x 64
- Diaphragm carburetor with external pump.
- 1:3 belt reduction
- New generation 350W electric starter
- Power of 38 HP at 9100 rpm
- 6-jaw reinforced clutch
- Low vibration level and without roughness at all speeds.
- Silicone shock absorbers 2-year warranty (extension to 3 years on complete AC paramotors).
- Real thrust of 238 lbs (108 kg) with E-props three-blades 140cm propeller (see video below). New reduction for 150 and 160cm propeller under development.